Borrowing items from the Library
Borrowing items is really easy!
Simply visit the library, ensuring that you bring your North Yorkshire library card with you, choose what you want to borrow and one of our helpful volunteers will issue the items for you at the counter.
You can borrow up to 10 items at a time, usually for a period of three weeks. If you need longer, you can always renew them.
Books are usually loaned free of charge but there are charges for borrowing some items, such as adult audio books and DVDs.
Books may be renewed up to five times without returning the books to the library, provided they are not required by anyone else. After that, books must be brought to the library to be renewed.
Audio-visual items are loaned for three weeks at a time. A repeat hire charge is made if a CD or DVD is returned late.
How to renew items
There are several ways to renew your loan items. You can:
- Bring the item details (or the items) to the library;
- Log in to your North Yorkshire online account;
- Phone the Embsay Library (01756 700367);
- Email Embsay Library at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone the libraries service automated service (01609 532774) - you will need to enter your library card number and PIN;
- Email the libraries service at email@example.com.
Charges and fines
In addition to the small charges for borrowing items such as CDs and DVDs, there are also charges for other services such as staff research and reserving items.
Full details of these can be found on the NYCC website.